Saturday, September 20, 2008

"The Cake"

Kylie saw a barbie princess cake at Macey's a few weeks ago and has been begging for once since. So, last night I stayed up and made her one. I had no idea what my plan was, I just decorated and made it up as I went. Although I see a lot of imperfections, it didn't turn out being quite as unfortunate looking as I had feared. I took Wilton classes before we were married and I made our wedding cake, but I'm a little out of practice now. I stayed up till 1:00a.m. decorating. (Tell me how smart that is when you have to wake up at 3:30a.m. the next morning) I'm basically only blogging right now as a means to keep myself awake. PATHETIC I know!



4 comments:

Monica Bingham said...

It think the cake turned out fantastic!!! It is funny what we put our selves through for our babies:). Loved the pictures of the party and the ellated little girl opening clothing. Can you believe our babies are turning two soon? YIKES!!

Liddle Family said...

its so funny that you get to make girlie barbie cakes, and I will be making sports boy cakes! Thats okay with me! I can't believe how big your girls are getting, so cute!

Trista said...

Your cake looks great. I'm lucky if I get frosting on the cake without having crumbs of cake showing in it.

Kathy said...

So cute. I wish you were here so that you could make Eden that same cake on her next birthday. Did you get your camera fixed then? We miss you guys here in Denver. Give Kylie a birthday hug from all of us.