Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kylie's intepretation...

This is Kylie's homework assignment for the day. She was asked to draw a picture of her family. Notice anything odd about me?
How about now.....


Me: "Kylie what is that line by my neck?"

Kylie: (very sheepishly) "ummmm...your crack?"

Me: "My crack?"

Kylie: "Well how else will my teacher know you're the Mom?"

I thought the name above my head and the fact that I'm taller than the kids in the picture would be a dead giveaway but apparently not!?

I dress very modestly and have been super self concious about my "largeness" in that particular area since Jr. High. It is totally not my fault that my crack shows on occassion. They don't really sell turtle necks in the summer ya know? It's sad that she has to draw that part in pictures. Someday......when they have served their full purpose and I am done having children....that will no longer be a problem. Until then...I will put my desires aside...take the drawing as is and accomplish my full potential as a mother. But someday................................................

5 comments:

Monica Bingham said...

LOL I love it! Kids are so honest and forward. This is the sort of thing you can show her when she grows up and she can laugh because someday she too will have a "crack" :D

Kerrie said...

Bwahahaha! That "cracks" me up!

Kids...

Someday... me and you both!

Jaycie said...

lol I am so sorry but I needed a laugh like that!! Only cause we have all been there!! your girls are observant over cracks and my little one is doing the "Peanut" thing at this point in time I guess we all just have to laugh!

Sharon said...

I couldn't tell from my phone! Oh that is great! So glad you posted! I needed a good laugh tonight! Give the girls HUGS and KISSES for us! XO

Kathy said...

It's okay to have a crack. That is too funny.