Friday, January 7, 2011

What we're up to....

We have been so busy between preparing for Christmas, baby, and babysitting Avaree Mae 40+ hours a week. Kylie has been a super big helper with Avaree and is learning so much...including how to change a diaper. However...

This is the ONLY way Madison can hold sweet little Avaree, because for as much as Maddi loves Avaree....the feeling is not mutual!
Madison is learning a lot too. While I was making dinner a couple weeks ago I noticed Madison nursing her baby doll. She had a whole conversation with me about it. Her curiousity about the whole thing is so stinkin cute. I just feel bad that her obsession with everything baby does not help the fact that babies just don't like her smothering love. If I could pick a baby to watch, Avaree would be it. She rarely cries and is so so happy all of the time. My house is filled with sounds of her jabbering and laughing. She is definately loud just like her mother ;)

Amid the craziness of this holiday season, I did manage to fit in a couple traditions. We made a gingerbread house again this year, although it was definately the worst looking one thus far! ha ha
I also made dozens of cookies and several batches of brittle to give to family and friends. The one thing I didn't do was mail Christmas cards. I'm terrible! I'm so sorry to those of you who sent us cards and didn't get one in return. I have high hopes of getting birth announcements out to make up for it in March. Wish me luck!

No comments: