
Papa Clarky still stands strong though his struggles with this devastating disease, even through the particularly hard times. He is the hardest working person I have ever met and has a work ethic like no other on this earth. He has taught his children well and it's about time we gave something back. The girls may not be able to kiss him better, or rub his belly everyday for him anymore since we live so far away, but I want them to know that they CAN do something to make a difference. Terrence and I along with Kylie and Madison are going to be participating in the walk for a cure event this Saturday in Logan. My friend Cynthia and her family are also members of our team and are walking for their grandma named Lola. So...we named our team "LOLA AND CLARKY". We are so excited about the prospect of being able to see a better prevention effort or possibly even cure diabetes in our lifetime. We are trying to raise money for our team to make this possible, so if you are willing or able we would LOVE to have your support.
The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation has made supporting the cause very easy. Here's what you can do:
1. go to the following link http://www.jdrf.org/
2. click on the "donate now" icon at the top of the page
3. click on "click here to donate to a walker" icon
4. Type in my first and last name (Laura Mills), our team name (lola and clarky), and select Utah as the state.
5. Click on my name at the bottom of the page
6. click on "donate to this walker"
7. Type in your information and submit!
You can even remain anonymous if you choose, so I don't have to know who you are, but of course I'd like to know who to thank;) I want to thank everyone for their support and am so excited to see how much money we are able to raise!
2 comments:
That is awesome, of course it made me cry! THANKS SO MUCH! LOVE YOU!
Oh you made me cry too!! That is the sweetest tribute to "Jark". Thanks so much for doing the walk. I love the pictures also that one of Clark and Sharon is beautiful.
Post a Comment