Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dare devil!!!

We spent Friday at the Cache County Fair with a friend. Kylie saw this huge rock climbing tower and wanted to try it out. She does pretty well at the small ones at the playground, so I figured...what they hey...why not? Her 7 and 4-year-old friends went first and couldn't get any higher than the top of the rockclimbing guru guys head, so he was prepared to have to help Kylie too. When she started out, he was trying to point and tell her which rock to grab with what hand and such and she didn't pay him any attention at all, she just flew up to the top like an expert.She couldn't wait to push the button at the top so she could hear to siren. As soon as she felt her rope get loose....

She pushed off and repeled down, laughing the whole time.

She begged me to go back for the rest of the day, and I should have too. It was $3 for each ride at the fair and also $3 for one climb at the rock tower. The rides were a TOTAL waste of money!!! The funny thing about this, is that Kylie is deathly afraid of water, but fearless when it comes to climbing 50 feet in the air. After attending Terrence's cousins baptism last weekend, Kylie is convinced that she will not be baptized because she's too afraid to dunk her head under the water. I guess I know what I will be training her how to to in the next 3 years.....
OUR GARDEN.....

We joined 3 other families and leased two garden plots at the community garden this summer. We weren't able to plant till June 1st, but our garden still seems to be doing pretty well.
Aren't our little watermelon and cantelopes so cute?


This is one of our harvests...


And one of our first little corn...ummm...sprout thingies.
We have had so much fun learning how to grow things. It has been such a great learning experience and we look forward to having our own plots next year to baby. I'd better get a pressure cooker!


7 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Wow that is so cool!

Sharon said...

Gonna have to steal those pics of Miss Kylie being so brave! And so glad you posted pics of the Garden that you all have worked so hard to get it to look as beautiful as it us. I LOVE IT!!

Monica Bingham said...

Great garden! I am slightly jelouse....I usually have one but between the weird growing season and morning sicks I just didn't get it done. Love your little dare devil. That is so fun to see something that they just love and accell at.

Kathy said...

Wow Kylie is brave, I can just imagine her laughing the whole way down. Your garden looks awesome. I miss you.

3+Love~aki=Us said...

WOW! Your garden looks BEAUTIFUL...can't say the same for us.. :( But, next year maybe...

GO Kylie!! Haha! That's so cool.

Our Crazy Family said...

Wow Kylie is Awesome!!! I love it! I used to go rock climbing...Haven't done it since I got prego with Ashlyn though. I tried but everyone got mad at me because I was risking losing the baby and myself...BLah blah blah. I want to get back into it though.
someday

The garden looks great. I think you and Terrance have done a great job. I need to go out there this week. I will go tomorrow after my PTA meeting. :)

Bryan and Candice said...

wow that a nice garden..