Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer update...or whatever....

I've really been pretty terrible at remembering to bring my camera when we do things. We started the summer out with a two week vacation to see both Terrence's and my parents in Denver and Wichita. Then...we had a family reunion here in Logan at USU for my mom's family. On the 4th, we spent the day with two of our good friends who live in the same section of buildings as us. We had a BBQ and had a slip n' slide and water balloons for the kiddos followed by fireworks that night.


Kylie and her friend Annie spent the ENTIRE day in their swimsuits trying to get a tan. Kylie is SOOO her daddy's daughter because she turns a lovely shade of brown in comparison to my various shades of red.


Madison was so proud of being able to wear a swimsuit without a swim diaper and I have to say...it is so nice not having to pack around diapers everywhere I go. Maddi and Noah are little buddies.We got out some old school music to dance to and taught our girls how to do the Macarena. Emma and Kylie really got into it. I was going to post a pic of my friend Angela, but decided to spare her...plus I would really like to live to see age 26;)
On several occasions during the past two months, I have found my camera missing! I look everywhere and when I ask Madison where it is (knowing of course that she will have no clue) She surprises me and takes me right to the exact location of my missing camera. The problem is...I have to erase about 1000 pictures that look pretty similar to the one above. Sometimes I get a close-up of a chocolate milk mustache or a dripping booger, but she thinks it's pretty cool.....

And...here is my sassy little attitude girl. She is convinced that she is going to be Hannah Montana for Halloween and I can often find her singing with a toy microphone while twirling around the post of her bed wearing a tank, a mini skirt, leggings, fur boots, and an extreme case of vibrato. She cracks me up!
Now for the most recent events...we spent the 24th in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho at my family reunion. Did I bring my camera...of course not! On Saturday we decided to go on a tubing trip down the Portneuf river through town and rented some 3-person tubes for the event. My mom was more excited than a little girl and just booked it down the hill to get in the river. I kept telling her there was a waterfall but before she caught on...she was already in the water and on her way down. Terrence and I followed close behind and ended up flipping over at the bottom of the 5-foot waterfall. It wasn't too bad because the water was so deep and went into a big pool where the current wasn't very fast. Once we got back on our tubes, we started floating down again when we saw a second waterfall coming. There were a bunch of people getting out of their tubes there and climbing down but we didn't get the hint till it was too late. Unfortunately this waterfall didn't end in a big pool, the current was very strong, it was shallow at the bottom, and there were very sharp lava rocks at the bottom of the waterfall. Today (a week later) my bruises that span from my thigh to my lower back are finally a nice shade of light yellow, and my scabs are finally starting to heal. It did hurt quite a bit to sit for a few days, but I'm doing much better. Hope my mom's knee is feeling better too;) It makes for an awesome story though right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheesh! It's about time you updated! LOL!

Cute pics. I know your friend Angela personally....we are like this (insert two fingers crossed here) and I KNOW she appreciates you not posting the pic of her. Don't wanna scare away all your readers! (She said that.)

April said...

That's so hilarious! I wish I could've been there to see that all. Love you and miss you all a ton!!