I have found that one of the most controversial subjects among moms is the subject of potty training. I for one was slightly clueless when trying to potty train Kylie. The day Kylie turned two, I started potty training. I bought the princess potty that twinkles and sings when you've completed the task. I bought pull-ups, training panties, and a step stool. I thought she was showing all the so called "signs" but it ended up being a year long struggle to force a child to do something she really wasn't that interested in. So...I threw out the potty, got rid of the pull-ups, and retired the thick training panties to the dumpster. I WAS NOT going to do that long struggle again!Madison has surprised me. Here she is a 2 1/2 and she had developed a new hobby. She loves to strip completely naked and sit on the potty over and over again throughout the day. We have had an incredibly busy month between the vacations and visitors, so I haven't even tried to potty train her until Monday that is. On Monday, she had zero accidents and wore the same pair of panties all day. Tuesday: again...zero accidents and she even took herself to the potty without me knowing a few times. Wednesday: zero accidents and I haven't taken her to the potty once! She goes in by herself , takes care of business, and then asks me to help her wash her hands. I feel so blessed. Thank you Madison for being so kind!
I am in no sense a pro at this, but I have learned several very valuable lessons. First: never force a child to grow up faster than they want to. Second: don't waste your money on silly tricks that the so called "experts" say work, and Third: every kid is so completely different!
I'm just hoping that I am not "jinxing" myself by posting this. Hopefully it's as easy this time as it seems to be so far!
5 comments:
That is awesome! I think if you wait it is so much easier. Lucas potty trained himself in January. Bridget will when the time comes, even if it is when she is 3...why rush it?
You are a fantastic mom Laura!
Ahhhh that is an inspireing tail and I hope someday Aden decides it is something he just wants to do....I on the other hand am the one that is a little slow on getting this going. He seems fairly ready and I have all the stuff I need, but I am too tired all the time:( Oh well at least there is hope (he can't still be in diapers in 10 years right?)
So proud of little Maddie girl. Big shout out to big sister too! When I was there Miss Kylie was giving here encouragement! CONGRATULATIONS, And YES YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOM!!!
Hooray! Can Maddie come and train Larke. That would be great. Thanks.
Ok! How did I miss all these posts! We're potty training Morgan right now. We have the little potty in the living room and eventually we'll move it into the bathroom. She likes to play in there, so I don't want her in there just yet. As long as she doesn't have anything on, she's fin, but as soon as we put on panties, diapers, pull ups; she forgets how to go. We're working on it. Congratulations though! No more diapers for you! I'm jealous! I still have about a year and a half to two years!
Post a Comment