Saturday, September 12, 2009

JDRF Walk Day

I have to start out by telling everyone who donated THANK YOU! We were able to meet and exceed our goal by 161%!!! We had a fantastic walk day and I am so glad we got to do it.Poor Maddi was so ornery all day. She went to bed at 11 and woke up at 6:30 so she was not thrilled about the whole thing;(
They had some snacks at the half way point, so we took some pics while waiting in line. Elyse decided to join us and we had so much fun together.


We took this picture while walking...note the blurriness...

Beautiful Logan River trail.



Cynthia our team captain getting ready for the walk.

Poor tired, bashful Madison.STORY: This family dresses up like this as a hobby and then use what they make (birthday parties and the like) to raise money for this walk every year. They are completely in character and won't even talk to friends and aquaintances without being their character! The mom even shaves her head bald for this! (a little weird I know but pretty dang cool!) Their costumes were super authentic down to the crazy contact lenses and painted bald head.
Pretty great photo opp. He was trying to tell us about a new facial moiturizer he uses, but then he smiled with those disgusting teeth and I lost the point of the conversation. All I can say is WOW!!! That's dedication right there.

Cindy made us this flag. The theme for the walk was "super hero's" and so we decided to do a superman type thing since our name is pretty close to "lois and clark".
Thanks again to everyone for your support. We appreciate you all more than you know!

No comments: