Thursday, September 24, 2009

JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

Do you ever have one of those days when you just can't get enough of being a mom to such amazingly cute kids? My kids have done a great job of making me feel like that lately. Kylie is getting so grown up and mature (more on her later....when she'll hold still long enough for some pictures). Madison is our new little motormouth. That kid never shuts up!!! I am so entertained by her at times that I forget about everything else and we just chat till I realize the lasagna idea is out the window...again...and we're doing spaghetti...again...So tonight, while picking her nose and asking me if she can take some pictures of me, we decided to have a little impromptu photo shoot.
She wanted to show her newly aquired skill of making fishy lips. Her new favorite kissing technique has been mastered!

And then she refused to smile till I allowed her to capture my fishy lips.


She asked me to do a happy happy cheeseburger pose but then got mad when I wanted her to say cheese instead of cheeseburger. She was not amused...can you tell?



Then we got our happy happy cheeseburger picture after all.
After viewing the pictures on the camera and seeing one of herself where she was not smiling, she got very concerned and was telling me about all the millions of times when she was not happy. I even got to hear a detailed description of when she threw up in her bed...about a month ago...

Then she cracked herself up (which she does often) and made her "I crack myself up" face.

Again...like I said before, I can not get enough of my kids! Madison seriously does not shut up. I have to shush her about a thousand times at night just so she doesn't keep herself up with all of her stories. She has this cute, petite little voice and you'd never expect someone her age and size to talk so much. It's actually quite surprising. Lately we have played so much. She loves to fly around on my feet like superman, and faces the wall with her hands over her face counting so I can hide. But I have to say her favorite game of all it catch. I stand at the bottom of the stairs and she sits at the top and we throw a nerf ball back and forth to one another. She congratulates me on good catches and squeels when she catches it to tell me it was a great throw. I wish everyone could meet her just to know how much fun she is.
LIFE ACCORDING TO MADDI-
1. She loves to argue about silly things and depending on the day...she is either "Maddi Kewi (karri), or "Maddi kewit (carrot)"
2. Babies eat from their Mommy's belly buttons and they get to eat whatever we have just eaten. Madison usually feeds her baby after drinking"chwocolate miwlk" because it's her favorite.
3. Baby dolls should never throw rocks because they will end up sitting in time-out for the rest of the day.
4. If you tell your mommy sweet things throughout the day like "mommy, I wuv you, you'we so pwetty like a pwincess" She will do almost anything you ask.
5. She's very well informed about bad vs. good choices and will be more than willing to let you know when you're in the wrong. We've been teaching Kylie about modesty and Madison has apparently picked up on it because when we're out in public, she (and Kylie as well) will say "ewww Mom, that's gwoss. She's 'inproprate'. That's a bad choice huh Mommy!"
6. She understands us very well. When she has made a bad choice, she walks herself to time-out and after about a minute or so, she'll yell to us. "Mommy, Daddy, I'm weady to make good choices! I am sowwy for ______ I be a good giwl now."
7. If you're not paying attention to her, she says "HELLO! I'm talking to you!" in a high pitched voice till you listen. Last weeks scenerio: Terrence wasn't wearing his seatbelt yet (we were in the parking lot) and was on the phone and Madison was sitting in the back seat saying "HELLO Daddy! Get buckled. HELLO! I'm talking to you!"
We love that little girl. Now I have to see if I can get some pictures of Kylie so I can tell you all about how great she is. I suppose this is really more for me than anything. It's a great reminder on the hard days, but those seem to be getting even fewer and farther in between!

7 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Those are great pictures! I am glad you posted all of her life arguments and stuff it is so cute and she won't believe you later so there is the proof! :)

Trista said...

She is the cutest Maddi that I know!

LINZ said...

Laura, it's Lindsay! It's so great to hear about how wonderful your kids are! It seems I usually hear the opposite. So thanks so much for letting all of us non-mothers how fun it really is.

Sharon said...

She is adorable, and I can't wait to here all her phrases is just a few short days! MISS YOU ALL! Oh I am going to KISS THEIR CHEEKS OFF!

Britt's Clan said...

WOW she is getting big AGAIN!!! I miss so much!!! Such a cute story about her I can't wait to see her again (hopefully soon but most likely Turkey day right...)

Kathy said...

She is so cute! I love when they talk.

PABST FAMILY said...

Wow, this is great to hear even if I'm a couple of weeks behind. Can't wait til our next visit.