OH...and then there's the fire thing, but that's pretty much a common "man" interest...
Monday, August 3, 2009
BROMANCE...but not in a bad way...
My friends have great husbands and I seem to be able to find common interests with most anyone, but Terrence has never had a whole lot in common with my friends husbands. He's not a computer nerd, or a gamer, or a city boy. He loves hunting, fishing, camping, fishing, BBQ-ing, fishing, and fire...did I mention fishing? My friend and I discovered a few months ago that our Hubby's had a common interest, or rather obsession that could be the start of something pretty great. Terrence's Grandpa gave him a fishing boat after Terrence spent hours and hours fixing it up and fortunately my girls are so well behaved on the boat, so Terrence and his friend Aaron take the kids out and fish for hours, leaving me to do...well pretty much anything I'd like. On the 4th of July, Marcella and I spied our husbands getting their tackle boxes out and looking at their stuff. When we asked them what on earth they were doing we got a pretty shocking answer...
"You know how when you're little, you trade hot wheels or baseball cards? Well...just think of this as an adult version of the same game." ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
So, the kids got in on the fun, and a "bromance" was born. It makes me laugh a little, but I secretly enjoy having some time to myself while Terrence goes fishing with his new fishing partner...

OH...and then there's the fire thing, but that's pretty much a common "man" interest...
OH...and then there's the fire thing, but that's pretty much a common "man" interest...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL! Oh and the fire thing... that concerns me. Did you forget Terrence is know as the "FIREBOY" and the fireworks thing is another trait he gets from MY DAY. LOVE THE KID!! Miss you all,Manno that makes me homesick!!!
OOPS "MY DAD"
I am so glad Terrence has a friend. That is so fun.
your summer update below is hilarious! I was laughing the whole way through it!
Post a Comment