Tuesday, April 21, 2009
More Birthdays
I reached the quarter of a century mark! I have always thought that people were lame when they felt older on their birthday, but I'm having a problem with 25. I can no longer be described as "early twenties" and that's kind of hard for me. I guess when you consider I have two kids and am on my sixth year of marriage it sounds like I should be a lot older, but I really don't want to be. Maybe now that I feel like I'm "officially" old, I should work on losing those extra pounds so that I can at least fool some people.
Most of this blog entry is dedicated to my Grandma Pabst. Her birthday was yesterday and she is such an amazing person. I feel so bad that I haven't visited her as often as I would like to. I probably saw her more when I lived six hours away from her than I do now, only 2 hours away. I was lucky enough to live only a few blocks away from her for the first 8 years of my life, and we have such great memories together. My grandma is my role model. She loves the gospel and lives her life in a way that I would think is pretty pleasing to the Lord. Her house is always immaculate and so comfortable to be in. (besides always being 80+ degrees) She is the most amazing cook and can whip up an amazing lunch in minutes with every side dish imaginable. My Grandma never slows down. It doesn't matter how tired or sore she is, she never lets people work without being there to help them. If I could grow up to become half of the woman she is...I would feel pretty content with myself. Grandma, I love you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You think 25 is bad. I turned 29 in January!! I'll be thirty soon! Aaaahhhh!
25!! Wait till 30!! That was hard for me!! I think I told you (if not sorry) but I hope you had a Happy B-day it was so fun at the desert I am glad you guys came!
Happy Birthday To YOU!!!! Wahoo 25 I get to go through that in a few months- I'll let you know how it goes!
P.S. I had that exact same FOX shirt in high school :)
Happy Birthday!!! I love you lots! ;-)
Happy Be-lated birthday! I am a horrible friend for not telling you on time! :)
Post a Comment