About a month ago I decided to try my luck at a local radio station's contest to win some Disney on Ice tickets. Much to my surprise...and elation...I actually won! Terrence didn't sound entirely excited about going and suggested that I invite a friend, so I asked my friend Jesi if she would like to take her daughter and join us.

Jesi and Faith were so much fun to hang out with. Kylie and Faith have similar personalities and get along so well. It was so exciting as a mom to see their reactions to this fun surprise!
We ended up being a little bit late for the show but didn't miss too much. We were pretty close to the ice and were able to see the Beast come to our corner. This picture was taken without any zoom. So our seats were actually pretty good:)
During the intermission the girls were so giddy. They couldn't even pose for a picture and actually look at the camera at the same time because they were afraid they would miss something.
At the end of the show, all of the characters came out and danced together. We found out that we missed Nemo and Aladdin, but we were able to see all the others. I thought I got a picture of the dragon from Mulan, and the Whale from Pinocchio, but I guess not. I'm kind of sad about that because those two were the best of the show. The whale was HUGE and actually did eat Jepedo (s/p?) and Pinocchio.
Kylie and Faith stood up for almost the entire show. If they tried to sit down, something exciting would happen and they would just pop up again. They watched with big grins on their faces. I thought it was so fun to watch them, but I was enjoying it as much as they were! My jaw hurt afterwards from all of the smiling!
It took what seems like FOREVER to walk back out the the parking garage. Kylie and Faith were spinning and twirling the whole way to the car. They had magically transformed into princesses on ice. I'm quite certain that girls are the best! No boy would have this much fun watching princesses skate around for two hours!

7 comments:
Amen to that. Nathan would be entertained at this point... but not for 2 hours.
We took Emily to Disney on Ice when she was 9 months old... she didn't like it at all because she was just too little and it was loud.
I'm excited that the girls (including you and Jesi) had so much fun! It's more fun for us moms when we get to watch our kids be excited.
It looks like it was a blast! I am glad you won something that is awesome!
To watch Kylie be so intense made tears come to my eyes. What fun for a little girl that lives to be a princess! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Glad you got to go.
How lucky are you! Looks like fun. And tell Terrence he's a party pooper!
How fun!!!!! I am so jealous, I think a show like that would just about cause Eden to wet her pants. I'm so glad you got to take Kylie. That is so fun and for free too. Does it get any better?
It is so funny because my brother, his wife and daugter just went to see that this weekend too:). They posted about it and I am sitting here wishing I went to see it too. Aden isn't a big fan of the Princesses but you have never seen a kid that loves Nemo more than him :)
How fun... I love disney on ice! I'm glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment