Ok... so this one is called "Dirty Laundry" and it is about 7 things that are quirky about yourself. So here goes. I hope you all still love me after you read about my habits:
1- I hate having dirty feet. If my feet are dirty before bed, I have to wash them before I can get in. Terrence sometimes begs me to just go to bed without washing them and I lay there tossing and turning thinking about how dirty they are until an hour later (after he has fallen asleep) I secretly tiptoe to the bathroom and wash them.
2. I LOVE folding laundry and ironing. I usually do all of it on "Laundry Tuesday" and stock-pile it on my chair in my front room. Then after the girls go to sleep I stay up and watch a movie and fold clothes. The hard part is putting it away. I really dread that and sometimes it doesn't get done. I just pick what I need out of the basket during the week until I realize it's laundry day again and I really should put it away so i have a free basket to use. ( I know I'm horrible)
3. I'm a stress eater. This one is a little more obvious...ha ha. If I'm having a bad day I go to the kitchen. I'm really working on this and do really well until I have one of "those" days....then I'm sunk again. You know those days when you wake up to a tantrum right off because your 3 yr old's favorite skirt is dirty. Then you make the "wrong" thing for breakfast and after a vital grocery store visit where you end up chasing kids, warding off crusty looks from the people who don't have kids yet and putting back the million things the kids put in the cart that you have said "no" to.....only to find out you left your wallet in the car AFTER you have already been checked out. Yeah.....those days.
4. If my kitchen is dirty I feel like my whole life is a mess...WOW I am really starting to sound a little OCD. My teeny tiny townhome is cluttered enough. If things aren't organized....somewhat...I can't function.
5. When Terrence is actually home at night to fall asleep next to, we try to go to bed early just so I can talk. It's been something I've done since we got married and I'm not really sure how it happened. I think it's annoying, but he tells me to keep yapping away because it "lulls" him to sleep. I talk about anything and everything. How my day went, hopes, dreams, cute or naughty things the kids have done....you know...stuff like that. I guess he talks quite a bit too, but it's one of my favorite things. I think that is why we have such an incredible marriage. We have awesome communication skills. There are no secrets between us!
6- I'm not a big fan of cuddling. On our wedding night I rolled over in our big California king bed and slept right on the edge...on the opposite side as him and not because we were mad at each other. When we lay awake talking I'll say to him "ok..well I'm ready to fall asleep so goodnight." Then I roll over to my edge and I sleep. My family used to tease me when we were engaged, because I can't sleep with other people. If Kylie climbs in bed with us during the night, I either take her back to her bed or I sleep on the couch. I hate being touched when I sleep.
7. This one is obvious too. I am a MAJOR push-over. I'm really trying to work on it though. I hate confrontation and I let people treat me like crap without sticking up for myself. I'll do anything for anyone and I can forgive pretty much anything. I HATE drama and I don't play games. I'm pretty sure I graduated high school in 2002 right? If there is Drama involved, I either back off or I try to please everyone because I really can't stand knowing that someone doesnt' like me. I know....it's really sad, but I've been that way forever.
NOW....YOU CAN PLAY THIS LITTLE POSTING GAME TOO! I LOVE READING STUFF LIKE THIS ABOUT PEOPLE. I STOLE THIS OFF OF VALERIES BLOG. THANKS FOR THE IDEA!
4 comments:
I am with you on the feet thing....I not only hate my feet being dirty I can't stand other peoples feet touching me or anything I touch....weird I know but there you have it. I have done alot of tags lately so here is my contribution to the "Dirty Laundry"
I love you Laura, because in every dirty laundry list I see the most incredible you! Even the good in the feet thing! Because you love to feel relaxed. The GOOD in munching because you enjoy food! We are trained let food comfort us! The good in the lost art of 'ironing'! The very best FRIEND because you are so forgiving. Remember, some people aren't deserving of a 'true friend' Consider Nita. The very best SISTER because you're a great listener. The very best wife because you both care about each others feelings and know that you are each loved. The very best little Mommie, because you are a great teacher and a patient parent. I'm so glad you are my daughter! You are loved by your "in laws"!
You can come iron our clothes any time you want!!! And I'll come put yours away, I don't mind that part. :)
I feel horrible that I am commenting so late but I honestly don't know how you do it with your two kids I am learning though! You are a wonderful mom full of patientce and understanding. A wonderful friend even to those who don't deserve it mmm... I never told you how unbeleiveably shocked I was when you brought that frosty over to me I am sorry I never told you this but it touched me. I have never had a friend think of me in that way, thanks, and I never let you know sorry.
I went to a park the other day and thought of your girls if you get a chance you should go it is called olsen park in the phone book and is in riverheights between logan and providence they would LOVE IT! I can't beleive how big and beautiful they are!
You are wonderful and there are many qualities you have as a mother and wife that I wish I had but I guess we just all do our best and keep trying to do better ( that is what I tell myself) I hope all is well and That Terance is doing good with his job and school comming up crazy!
Oh yeah you look pretty awesome on that scooter wish I had one!!!!
Post a Comment