I have not dropped off the face of the earth I assure you. I just don't think I've had much happen that is "blog worthy" the past few weeks. Or rather...I don't have anything blog worthy that includes pictures. I may include some random ones with this, I'm not sure yet. So here are a few happenings of the last 3 weeks of our lives:
1. After getting after Kylie for jumping on her bed, she decided to give me one last jump for good measure and plunged face first into her nightstand. She was bleeding EVERYWHERE and sliced her bottom lip open (a 1/4 in. gaping cut). She also cut her gums on the top front tooth clear through to the tooth. You could literally lift up a whole section on gums to expose the tooth underneath. So...after an emergency trip to the dentist who concluded there was no immediate danger and no stitches would be needed...we remedied the situation with popsicles and Tylenol. It is healing rather nicely I have to say.
2. Maddi has decided to make the leap into the terrible twos. Today, I put her down for her nap in her playpen in my room and when i got her after she had waken up, I found that she had climbed out at some point and gotten the baby lotion down off of my bookshelf to take a nap with her. The bonus is: the lotion had not been used excessively so there was no mess to clean up. She also loves to climb on everything. All of our chairs (including her high chair) are laying on their sides in the dining room. She loves to climb on the armrest of the couch and jump off as well.
3. Terrence and Kylie both start school on August 25th. Kylie will have so much fun, but Terrence is taking a couple of really intense classes this semester, so I am really nervous about how that will play out! AHHHHH!!!
4. My Momma flew into town for her class reunion, so the girls and I got to spend a couple of days with her in SLC. It was so much fun to just have a girls weekend.
5....My favorite event of all! My sister Trista and I purchased tickets for "Time Out for Women" on September 12-13 here in Logan. I am in such desparate need for spiritual rejuvination right now. I have been looking forward and planning on this event for over a year and the countdown is on. I cannot wait to experience this amazing time. I will post a blog entry and pics after the event to tell you all of the amazing experience I am sure to have there.
Well...this is my boring life for now. I do want to say however, that one of my best friends just gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby boy and CONGRATULATIONS to her. Kerrie...you're the best. I'm so happy for you! Love you all!-----Laura
Okay, so my only recent pics on my camera are of Maddi, I've been trying to really crack down and try to get her to leave her hair alone so it can actually be done and not look so orphan-ish. I've gotten her to leave it in for 5 hours now, so we're making definate progress.
Maddi talking on my phone. Note the chairs turned on their sides!
Cute hair. This one lasted about 45 minutes:(
Maddi loves getting her picture taken. This is her best CHEEEEESE!
Pigtails. I think this one lated 2 hours.
4 comments:
wow her hair is so light! I can't wait to do Bridgey's hair!
Cute hairs and I must say that cheesy grin one reminds me of her grandma Sharon....not to say Sharon has a cheesy grin but the angle on the face just struck me the resemblence.
WOW! How long has it been since I have seen you guys? Maddi is HUGE! I miss you sooo much! We are going to Lagoon on my B-day and I am thinking we need to make a trip out to see you before the girls are adults... LOL!
K, I LOVE the piggy tailes!!! I too am counting down till TOFW! Sounds like Emily and Maddi hit the terrable twos at the same time. How terribly fortunate for us both, HA! I talked with Cindy, she said she'll watch your girls so we can go to the temple together Friday (the 12th) morning, if you want to. Luv you MUCH!!!
Post a Comment