Our little Maddi is 18 months old! I took her to the doctor today for her well-baby checkup to see how she measures up. I'm a little shocked that my girls are so skinny. Kylie only weighed 18.5 lb at 12 months! Well...Maddi is a little bigger than Kylie was, but she is still small. She was 22.8lb....putting her in the 35% and she was 32.75in....which is the 80%. My doctor does a cute little thing at all the well-baby visits. He gives us a little card with all her stats and notes of her behavior in the office, then they make some footprints to put on it. It's fun to see how fast she is growing. Her feet sure have grown anyway. Maddi was so good. She sat nicely while he checked her out, and then while he was talking to me she gathered her clothes and shoes and my keys, purse and phone and headed for the door. She was trying to unlock it with my keys so she could go. It was pretty funny. She also got some shots today. I was totally prepared for the crying afterwards, but she just looked up like "What was that?" and then went back to her little "Maddi land". I was such a proud Momma. When we left our Doctor let her pick out a sucker and she said "kank-ku". She says "kank-ku" (thankyou) after everything. It was actually a very good experience. On the down note...my hubby was home throwing up all day :( So after taking the girls to the park to play for a while I came home to care for my "other" baby.Tuesday, July 29, 2008
A Growing Girl
Our little Maddi is 18 months old! I took her to the doctor today for her well-baby checkup to see how she measures up. I'm a little shocked that my girls are so skinny. Kylie only weighed 18.5 lb at 12 months! Well...Maddi is a little bigger than Kylie was, but she is still small. She was 22.8lb....putting her in the 35% and she was 32.75in....which is the 80%. My doctor does a cute little thing at all the well-baby visits. He gives us a little card with all her stats and notes of her behavior in the office, then they make some footprints to put on it. It's fun to see how fast she is growing. Her feet sure have grown anyway. Maddi was so good. She sat nicely while he checked her out, and then while he was talking to me she gathered her clothes and shoes and my keys, purse and phone and headed for the door. She was trying to unlock it with my keys so she could go. It was pretty funny. She also got some shots today. I was totally prepared for the crying afterwards, but she just looked up like "What was that?" and then went back to her little "Maddi land". I was such a proud Momma. When we left our Doctor let her pick out a sucker and she said "kank-ku". She says "kank-ku" (thankyou) after everything. It was actually a very good experience. On the down note...my hubby was home throwing up all day :( So after taking the girls to the park to play for a while I came home to care for my "other" baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow she must really be a skinny girly, Aden is about the same hieght and weighs over 25lbs. He isn't overly chunky either though. That is a fun thing at the well baby check ups I would have never thought to do foot prints at each visit...how clever:)
PS. I did leave a memory of you in my comments on my memory tag...just so you can check it out if you want;)
Yeah your girsl are TINY Brookelle already weight 17lbs and she's just over 6 months! Sheesh!
Amber is the same way. At her 18 month she weighed only 21 pounds and then for height she was in the 96 perentile! She definitely takes after her daddy! Ha! :)
What happened to Fatty Maddi?!! Did you stop feeding her? I still haven't taken Morgan for her 18 month check up and shots (she's 19 1/2 now), nor have I gotten Kaelyn's 4 years shots. I need to hurry up and get hers done just in case the school calls me and they have an opening for her. (keep your fingers crossed!)
Post a Comment