
Anyone who has seen me in oh...the past 5 or so years knows that I am not my same high school slim self. Funny now to think that I was unhappy with my "fat" roll back then which was really no more than a small fold of skin that showed only when I sat down and slumped forward. I have seriously always hated excersize. I used to enjoy dancing, but after watching myself on home video I decided to retire that real quick! My excersize has been chasing small children, carrying large loads, and the occasional mini hike with the Hubby. When I was pregnant with Madison my blood pressure was elevated and they ended up inducing me 2 weeks early. Since then, my blood pressure has maintained it's higher than average numbers and I feel pretty BLAH all the time. But good news folks...I've met someone new! I joined a fabulous gym. I'm not gonna lie though...the main incentive was the very reasonable priced childcare, and the fact that I can have a break from my kids whenever I need one and know that they are in good hands in the meantime. For the past 6 weeks, I have been working out 3-5 days a week for 1-2 hours each time. I hired myself a personal trainer and have been learning how to really push myself to my limits. I feel so good about myself and it's been FOREVER since I've been able to say that.
Last week, there was a woman on the treadmill in front of me who was doing pretty much the same interval workout that I do. When she set the incline at 15 and started doing her sidesteps and walking backwards, you could tell it was getting hard and I could see her mouthing things to herself like "You got this. You can do this. Ten more seconds. Push! You rock". It was then that I realized what I must look like to others. I do that exact same thing. I get so in my little "zone" that I forget what others are seeing. I am just waiting for the day that I start singing to my MP3 player outloud for all to enjoy. :)
So, I'm hoping that I have a big weight loss story to tell over the next few months, but for now I have lost 10 pounds and after having my blood pressure taken at the Dr. last week it has changed from 3 years of staying at about 132/89 to 112/72! HALLELUJAH!!!
I really have met someone new. I am finding a new determination and zeal for life that has been absent. I believe in myself, and best of all.....I feel so much better! I still have quite a bit of weight to lose, but knowing that I'm moving in the right direction now changes everything.
11 comments:
That's Awesome! way to go!!
That's awesome! You have motivated me as well! Keep up the good work!
THIS IS THE BEST NEWS 'EVER' you can 'feel' like the person we've known you are all along. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. It makes such a difference when you feel healthy and have the strength to enjoy life. You are so fun! CONGRATS! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
you go girl! lol
ps the code is squats!
hahaha
You look AWESOME!!! Way to go I am so excited to follow your journey!!! YAY!!!
Good for you, Laura! That's so happy. I really hope I can some day get excited about exercising. Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration to me.
That is so awesome Laura! I'm totally stoked for you!! Having the exercise bug is so cool.
Congratulations!!! But you have to change one thing... don't say you "lost" weight. Say you "worked it off" because number 1- you worked hard to get it off and number 2- generally when you lose something, you hope to find it again, but I'm sure you don't want to find that weight ever again.
Way to work hard!!!
I wish I had a gym like that around here. I really good at maintaining my weight...just not at loosing it. Love you!!!
Hey Laura! You better add me to your blog list! thejexfactorfamily.blogspot.com!!!!
This is GREAT news!!! HA! So rad!! It feels fab doesn't it?? :)
Post a Comment