Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mini Update

What a month! Terrence and I were throwing around the idea of moving into a bigger place and in the matter of two weeks, we signed a lease, moved, sold his car, and went on a trip. We only moved a few buildings down, but we now live in a 3-bedroom townhome with a garage. It is SOOOOO much bigger and I am loving it so far. The problem is...I've had the same decor for almost 6 years and am pretty sick of it, so I haven't put anything on my walls yet because I'm gonna re-decorate....slowly....So you may eventually get to see pictures, but not for a while.
Last weekend I had the opportunity to drive to Denver with my sister Andrea to go to "Time Our For Women". All 6 of the Pabst girls were there to enjoy the experience and it was amazing! The photographer Mark Mabry was there and I absolutely had to buy his book and CD. His work has had such a profound influence on me and I am so grateful for the opportunity to have seen it. You can find his website at http://reflectionsofchrist.org/ . Make sure you click on the multimedia link and select video to watch the slide show to "Come Thou Fount". I also was able to be there just in time to join Kathy in visiting our good friend Valerie and her new baby girl in the hospital. It's so nice to go back and know that I have so many friends there.

The last part of my update involves the picture above. Terrence and I have never had a night alone since our girls were born. We never went on a honeymoon, and haven't ever gone on a "real" trip together. On Saturday morning we will embark on our first trip as a couple. We're going to spend the 3 days at the Luxor in a deluxe spa suite in the pyramid. I am so excited! Now if I could just find my camera in one of these boxes I might be able to take enough pictures while we are there to make an interesting blog post! Thank goodness for a fantastic Mother-in-law who gets to watch our girls while we go!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm so glad that you came to visit. It was so good to see you. I hope that you and Terrence have a marvelous time on your trip. I love getting able to spend alone time with Matt. Enjoy it. Your girls will be fine. I always worry and the kids are always fine.

Kathy said...

I just looked at the website for the pictures. Holy cow! It was so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed watching how he got the different shots of the angels.

Aimee Garber said...

OMG! I love Mark Mabry's photography :-0 There was an event last month in Baton Rouge w/his photography. I'm glad you had fun at TOFW :-) Good luck with the decorating.

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I am glad you came to see me and my mini baby. Hahaha. Have a great time!

PS Nathan started to sing the Amy Grant song, as if I wasn't in the room...it was so funny!