We arrived in sunny (and warm) Las Vegas on Saturday afternoon and checked into our suite at the Luxor before going out on the town.
Our living room
The first thing I have to say is...HOLY COW! I thought I was pretty informed about the filth in the world, but it was a big shock to me. It was a long walk up to Treasure Island and every block was filled with Men flipping cards and magazines with very explicit pictures and commercials on them. You couldn't even look at the sidewalk when you walked because it was just littered with the filth. I was SO not expecting that! Every statue was of a half dressed women, and all the billboards and traveling trailer billboards were also covered with pornographic pictures. If we ever ordered drinks (my fav is a virgin pina colada), people looked at you like you were crazy. But fortunately we managed to get a few while we were there.
Terrence with his virgin margarita waiting for the Sirens show at TI.

"Sirens" is definately NOT the show I saw when I was a little girl. Things have changed for sure. I couldn't believe they showed it on the strip where there were families hanging out. ( you can bet my kids will NEVER go there before adulthood!!!)
We didn't have any specific plans for the day, so we ended up going to a 2 hour Time-share presentation and earned ourselves tickets to Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay (lame) and $125 in dining, spa, or gaming. We already had dinner reservations that night at Emerils Restaurant, so we went back to the room to get dressed up for dinner.
Then we captured some of the beautiful landscaping around the hotel. It was so hard to leave all of that green, and palm trees.
What a great vacation! I don't know that I'll be going back to Vegas anytime soon, but getting away without kids is a definate must in my future. I feel rejuvinated, and missed our little girls so much.
This is our last Vegas picture in the cab on the way back to the airport. Our girls had so much fun spending the weekend with Grammie and Papa. The second I walked in the door late Monday night, I raced up the stairs and took turns holding and rocking them. They were out like bricks and didn't even move, but it felt good to have them in my arms again. Couples trips are great!
5 comments:
I am sooooo glad you had a great time! It looks like it was a fun trip minus the worldliness of the strip! :)
Glad you had a nice trip!
I'm so glad you had a nice trip! Your hair looks great :-)
I totally agree about your hair. So I want to know what you had for dinner. I love getting away with just Matt and having just a little bit of the freedom that you lose when you have kids. It's amazing how fast you can get out the door when you don't have kids that take off the clothes that you just put them in and dirty diapers that they ofcourse wait to fill until the last second before you leave. I am always sooo glad to come home and get back to life after a trip. It helps me appreciate my kids that much more.
I am glad you were able to get away and have a trip with just the two of you. Yay!
Post a Comment