Tuesday, January 13, 2009


Why are there children under a bathroom counter you ask? I found myself asking a very similar question tonight. "Why is Madison all wet?" Almost every Tuesday night, I find myself at Cindy's house for our "Biggest Loser/American Idol Extravaganza". The kids usually play nicely upstairs and we check on them every commercial break. Tonight was a little different....... You see, Madison came downstairs crying because she was all wet, so Cindy and I raced upstairs to survey the damage and found this.
Water: gushing out of the bathroom door onto the carpet and a lake on the counter, under the sink, in the drawers, and into the closet and surrounding bathroom exits.The items in the drawers were swimming in the water, and the kids were completely soaked from head to toe.
We quickly put them to work sopping up water and filled the bathtub with sopping wet towels and clothes. Theyhad decided it would be a great idea to create a waterfall out of a plugged sink and OBVIOUSLY did not consider the consequenses. All I can say is so much for playdates, movies, and my one hour of solitude during the day when Kylie gets to play computer games and I get to do whatever. Worse of all: it wasn't my house so I now get the lovely feeling of guilt even though Cindy is the best person ever and would never think of blaming or being angry.
I'm not posting this to make light of the situation, but rather to document it. This way I will have an explaination and proof to show Kylie when she asks a million times why she gets no privelages for the rest of the week. I will now continue my chant: "I love being a mom, and I love my children..................."


7 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Wow, this is so crazy! My kids play under the sinks all of the time. I now think I will put a stop to it! :) I love Biggest Loser too! :)

I hope today goes better! :)

Britt's Clan said...

Oh boy!! What Fun!! I have to say (knock on wood) that is one thing my "brats" haven't thought of yet... I feel your pain expcially since it wasn't even your house... (it was a cute idea though... LOL)

Kerrie said...

You weren't lying when you named your blog, "Mills Family Drama!"

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry! I know you, you are so sad! One thing about the whole situation is the girls are very imaginative:) Who would have thought? Stuff happens and it will dry. Hang in there!

Our Crazy Family said...

Bryan is not having fun today. He is so not happy. I finally got the rest of the bathroom done around 12:30 and then went to bed around 1:30! It is amazing how many different places water can hide!!! Everything is going to dry and life will go on. Thanks for coming over and having fun despite the drama that happened! Oh and you are still welcome over at my house anytime ;) You know I love ya!!!

PABST FAMILY said...

I'm sorry for laughing so hard I cried. I won't say anything about how wonderful you were as a child. I will say how much I still love you and how proud I am of you and how you are able to stand up under the pressure of raising children. Tell me again the story of the acorn and the tree. I've forgotten how it went. Except for the monkey part. I'm sure that still has relevance.

Monica Bingham said...

Oh sweet heart I am so sorry! I admire the chant....I forget sometimes that I love being a mom and love my kid.....I will have to try chanting too :D