Sunday, January 4, 2009

Madison turns 2!

Madison turns 2 today! I can't believe how fast these past two years have went. Madison was born exactly 14 days early and after a quick 5 1/2 hour labor ending with the Dr. running across the room to catch her with no pushing, our little 6lb.12oz. miracle entered this world. Maddi has been a charmer from day 1. In fact...the nurses were so busy poking at her dimples that I had to finally tell them to stop hogging her and give her back to me. She slept well from the beginning and still sleeps really well. Kylie and Madison have such a special relationship. Kylie gets to be the sometimes too bossy protector/teacher and Madison is eager to learn.
The above picture was taken at the Dr's office when she was 4 days old.Madison didn't take long to chunk up and earned herself the nickname of "fatti maddi". she had the roundest, chubbiest little face...and don't even get me started on her thighs. But once she started crawling she thinned out and her dimples became more visible again:)
What a happy, content little angel she has been. She is always happy to go along for the ride and takes life as it comes.
Maddi has developed quite the little personality. She loves to be a copy cat and often hears Kylie yelling "stop coffee-ing me!" I have to be careful when Madison gets in trouble because she knows exactly what to do to reach out and grab your heart. Here are a few of my favorite things
1- When I put her to bed she always asks me to sing "Oh oley" (Oh Holy Night)
2- If you ask her if she's poopy she says "no, just toot"
3- She always says please and "kank oo"
4- Madison is our nurturer. She LOVES baby dolls and has always been so gentle with all babies.
5- She gives the best hugs and kisses. Before bed we have to have squeeze tight hugs, eskimo kisses, and butterfly kisses on BOTH eyes!
6- Maddi loves her Daddy and they are good friends. I love to see her excitement when he walks in the door.
7- I love that she lets me cuddle her. She gets to be my baby for the next few years and she doesn't seem to have a problem with me keeping the cuddle time!

7 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Aww! I love these posts about babies growing up! I can't believe how much she is starting to look like Kylie!
I love chubby babies and I thinks yours are especially cute!

I can't wait till March for this baby and to see you guys too! Lucas has been asking about Kylie so I will have to tell him now that she will come visit him before his new sister comes!

Side note...Lucas told me that he doesn't want a brother because then he would have to share his room. Hahaha

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Oh, and I was reading your comment to your Inlaws and I read we are having crab and cookie dough cake tonight...please tell me this is not mixed together! GROSS :)

Britt's Clan said...

Happy B-day Maddie... You are the sweetest little girl and I love you and miss all of you. I loved spending some of Christmas with you guys...

Kerrie said...

I remember when we came up with Fatti Maddi. Were the Garbers there too? I can't remember who actaully came up with it, it was just a group effort I guess. I don't know if I told you this, but we were going through home videos and there is one of Maddi in the bumbo falling asleep and Terrence kept waking her up. That girl can sleep anywhere! Morgan had to be in her own bed. Anyway... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDI!!!

The Robinson's said...

Happy Birthday!!! This is really funny we were talking about our girls being close in age and when I was reading today you said that Maddie came 14 days early. So did Harlee, FUNNY!

Kathy said...

Give Maddi and great big hug for me. I can't believe she's 2.

Jaycie said...

Happy birthday Maddie I can't beileve she is two!!