Being the manly man he is, he even humored me and took me to a couple of dances. (only a couple) Luckily, he didn't complain too much.
Terrence loves to have fun! We spent a lot of time in the mountains and the desert on 4-wheelers and he always knew how to fix problems and made sure everyone who came with us had everything they needed. I'm also assuming that because he was "allowed" to take his Dad's nice truck, trailer, and 4-wheelers from the time he turned 16 on meant that he was pretty responsible as well. (also thanks to having such great parents.)
Best of all, Terrence has always known how to make me laugh! He never gets too stressed out and always keeps his head forward, looking to the future. He seems to have a clear perspective of what he wants out of life and helps our family to achieve it. He is a strong priesthood holder and example to me and our little girls. I am so grateful to have a husband who has strong values and goals.
And...as a Father, he has become a new man. I will never forget the way he looked as we welcomed our first baby into the world. He never seems too tired to read just one more story, or make one more round of "horsie" around the house. He is such a great Dad, and such a great husband. When he looks at the girls with such pure love and admiration in his eyes, I know that we're in this FOREVER. Knowing that I have a husband that shares that common goal makes all the hard times worth it!
The summer before our senior year in High School, my family moved to Denver (500 miles away) and I fully expected Terrence to want to date so he didn't get too lonely, but he wasn't interested. Terrence stayed up extra late EVERY night and talked to me on the phone. He even sacrificed his play money to visit me every other month. One of our favorite things to do was to read our scriptures over the phone and discuss the meaning and our view of things. It's probably a good thing too since our phone conversations lasted till 1:00 am and I had early morning seminary at 5:00am. At least I got some spiritual learning in my day since my mind was only half awake during seminary my senior year:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRENCE! I LOVE YOU!
6 comments:
Sooooo...
I showed Nathan these pictures and he said why is Kylie in a suit? I laughed and said no that is Terrence! HAHA I love looking at old pictures of you guys, although I can't believe that you have been together that long! :) Happy Birthday Terrence! And congrats on hooking such a great guy Laura!
WOW that was awesome Laura! That was fun reminiscing! Terrence is even luckier to have you. We love you both so much! Hope you have an awesome day --all of you!
That was GREAT Laura!! I love reading about Terr. He is a GREAT guy and we are all so lucky to have him. So again, since I was way early, Happy B-day Terr!!
Happy Birthday Terrence! I love the picture of you outside of the temple when you are laughing.
Happy Birthday! =) Ur blog is so cute! =)
Hey I have to admit it was pretty impressive that Terrence and Todd would re-shingle the house. Of course there was the fact that Terrence would be able to see you more as well. I can't help but think that being able to use the "nail guns" may have been a draw as well. You know how much Terrence likes to fix things and to do it using a gun, well that just adds to the excitment. Really though I'm just happy that Terrence was raised to love and respect my daughter because she deserves it. By reading about her tribute to him I think she really appreciates and loves him back just as much.
Post a Comment