It all started with my great idea of getting a job to take some of the stress off of Terrence as he's doing school and work full-time right now. AHHH! I started a paper route bright and early on Thursday morning at 4:30 a.m. and I am having a difficult time going to bed at night. I am used to taking FULL advantage of my "me time" and always end up going to bed between midnight and 1:00a.m. because I wait for Terrence to get home at 11:15 and then have to lull him to sleep with the quiet endless details of my day. So...needless to say....I am EXHAUSTED! Terrence has school Monday thru Friday and leaves in the morning at 9:30 and comes home at 2:30 for 15 minutes (just enough time to get dressed for work) and then comes home from work at 11:15 at night. WHAT A WEEK! He is even working overtime tonight.
This morning, we went to buy Terrence some new jeans and had Maddi in the umbrella stroller which Kylie insisted on pushing. She has been such a helpful sister lately and so nice. Well, she decided to push Maddi around the racks of clothes at a full run to make Maddi laugh. Terrence and I immediately turned around to tell her to please stop running with her when BAM! One of the wheels runs into a rack and over goes the stroller. Maddi fell face first onto the ground. I ran over to pick her up and she passed out in my arms. Her eyes rolled back, body went stiff, and she stopped breathing for what seemed to be a couple minutes, but I'm sure it was only a matter of 15-20 seconds. Then she was completely lethargic and unresponsive. I was struggling to hold back the tears as I hurried out of the store. Luckily it wasn't her head that she hit. She just had the wind knocked out of her, but it was possibly one of the most frightening experiences I've ever had as a mom. Poor Kylie was in tears saying "Mommy I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Did she die?" It about broke my heart. And since that incident this morning, she follows Maddi around making sure she doesn't fall down or run too fast or do anything even slightly risky because Kylie doesn't want her to get hurt. She said "Mommy I will protect Maddi so she won't get hurt never again!" I love these girls. I hate that pit of the stomach feeling when they are hurt or sick and you feel so helpless. I hope they will always know they have a Mommy and Daddy that love them very much and will "protect" them from all that we can!
5 comments:
Holy crap. I would have freaked! Kaelyn loves to push Morgan really fast in her stroller too. I'm alway yelling at her to stop.
Laura
It's Ashley McKell, now Christiansen. How are you? I can't wait to view your blog to keep updated on your family, it will be so fun for me.
I can relate to being sleep deprived, I think that it comes with having children.
Laura, you know I love you. I didn't tell anyone about my blog yet because I'm still trying to work out the bugs! I didn't want anyone to see it until it was perfect...oh well. Anyone who knows me should know I'm not perfect (ESPECIALLY YOU!) so I guess I should have said something. Hey, how do I get to look at Ben & Mandi's blog?
Hey! Sounds like you have had quite the stressful week! I hope you get a little break. If you want to walk anytime I am so willing to take my stroller along with the baby and we can walk together. I really have enjoyed going out and walking. I hope you will join me sometime. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!
Hey girly I too have had those "bad mommy" moments where your gut wrenches and you think to your self "I need a rewind button on life" :) I too hate when Aden falls....he fell down the stairs a few months back and I about died! ...but I guess it is best described by a quote I once heard "haveing a baby is like haveing a part of your heart walking around outside your body" It says it best I hurt more when Aden falls than if I were to fall myself. But I guess that is how they learn. Love and Miss you tons, Monica
Post a Comment