Monday, April 18, 2011

The "R" word....


Cute right?...Well this was seconds before

This:
The dreaded "reflux" has invaded our home. Luckily it's a somewhat mild case, but there is still projectile spit-up and a lot of fussing and grunting going on. Daxton doesn't really cry, but then none of my babies really did as newborns. He just fusses and grimaces.

So the girls do a lot of this:
While Daxton gets bundled up and cuddled
And lets face it, he's way too cute for the girls to not want in on the fun.
Every once in a while he decides to feel good though and we get some playtime. ha ha LOVE the pinky thing!
So he's not really a fat baby. He just has a very round face. And even though he's already 12 lbs, I held him up to a 4 month old 14 pound baby in my ward yesterday, and he's tiny in comparison, so I choose to believe he's just really solid and will maybe play football some day.
And here is one of the first smiles. It's still a little weak, but it's getting better every day.
Despite that nasty reflux, we are in heaven with Daxton. The girls are adjusting so well, and well...my house isn't a complete disaster most of the time. ha ha.

5 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

He is adorable!

Kathy said...

So sorry he has reflux. That is sad. Madison looks so grown up in the picture where she is snuggling with Daxton. Did she get a haircut resently? Miss you! Wish I could watch the kids so you could take a nap.

Michelle Ann said...

Such a bummer. Cale had reflux so bad that he was on Zantac until he grew out of it around 8 or 9 months. The Zantac helped tremendously though. I hope he gets over it more quickly than Cale did!

Sharon said...

OH I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the OUTFIT! I can also see the BLUE BLUE EYES. OH I MISS KISSING ON HIM! THEY ALL ARE JUST ADORABLE! XO

McKensi and Justin said...

Curse that reflux..... ugh! I am sorry. I went through the same with kortland. He didn't spit up, just was super fussy for 17 hours of the day. Hopefully it doesn't last long for ya. And on a better note.... all your kids are beyond adorable