Thursday, May 21, 2009

WOMENS CONFERENCE

Last month, I had the opportunity to attend womens conference with my friend Angela. Her sister-in-law Jen is on the Womens conference committee and hooked Angela up big time! Fortunately things worked out for me to be the lucky one to go with her!I have been to "Time Out for Women" before with a couple thousand women, but nothing prepared me for seeing 20,000+ women packed into the Marriott center!

Jen hooked us up with AMAZING parking. This picture was taken of the Marriott center, from out car in the lot. (with out zooming in!) We were able to park next to all of the presenters, so it was so nice.

We also got floor seats in the Marriott center, and I took this picture without zoom from our seats. I can't even begin to describe the feelings we had while attending. We took some amazing classes and learned so much. The most amazing thing was seeing 20,000 women stand in unison as L. Tom Perry and Russel M. Nelson walked into the room and knowing I was so close to them. What a privilege that was!

One of the best highlights of the conference was the concert on the first night. Hearing Freddie Ashby singing in person was such an emotional experience, and I never realized that Hilary Weeks was so funny! Eclipse (a mens accapella group) performed as well and the entire audience waved their arms and cell phones to "Sweet Caroline". They also did an 80's rap medley which was hilariously entertaining. But, I have to say that the sign language interpreter was the one of the best parts of the show for me. She sat on the floor right below us and I have never in my life seen an interpreter as talented as she was. You could plug your ears and watch her (not understanding sign language) and you could tell what she was saying just through the movements of her body and expressions on her face. I had a hard time concentrating on the concert because I was so moved by her interpretation of the music.
This was such an amazing experience, and I for sure will go again! Unfortunately, I don't think I will ever be able to get such amazing benefits next time. Thanks Angela and Jen! I had a blast!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you were able to go with me! It was so much fun! I was serious about the tradition thing...

Sharon said...

So awesome for you! I loved where you were sitting! I watched a bit of it on kBYU you are so lucky to have been there! Glad your sisters we able to take the girls. What a retreat!

Monica Bingham said...

Wow that sounds like an outstanding experience. Good for you!

Kerrie said...

Holy crap! You did get hooked up!