This picture was taken in Pensacola, Florida during Thanksgiving. I was 8 months pregnant, but it was so beautiful, and the water was so clear.Terrence became our master griller in LA and was always cooking yummy things for us there. One of my favorites was grilled guava tenderloin with papaya/avacado salsa. MMMMMMM!!!
One day when we had the sister missionaries over we went to walk them out to their cars and this little snake was right in front of the door feasting on a frog. It was pretty disgusting, but we somehow dared to get close enough to snap a photo. The entire back wall of the house was nothing but windows, and at night before bed, Kylie would count how many little bright green frogs were stuck to the windows. I even found one hopping around in the kitchen once. TALK ABOUT A HEART ATTACK. Who expects something like that? I have to say after living in the west your whole life and being used to skunks and deer lying on the side of road, it is quite a change to see armadillos, snakes, and alligators as road kill. This is my daily shpeel on Louisiana. Keep tuned for more throughout the next couple weeks!
4 comments:
We will be thinking of you! This year (and hopefully in the future), the Covington parades near my sister's house will be rolling in front of her house. We are going this Saturday and on Mardi Gras day. Ahhh! No port-a-potties! And if Jackson needs to sleep, we can just put him inside and go out front to catch some beads!! You should totally decorate the outside of your apartment! That would be fun. When my sister lived out there with my aunt and uncle they did that. They even had their own Mardi Gras party. I think my aunt's brothers were in town from Wyoming and they went to the grocery store all decked out in beads and hats. They got a few stares, but they had fun.
My SIL Katherine lives in Utah & had a Mardi Gras party (She's originally from LA)..You know what?! She's coming down to visit for Mardi Gras this year. Maybe I can send her with some Louisiana stuff back & she can give it to y'all when she flys back. :-) Where in Utah do y'all live? (What city?)
Thats so cool that you guys went out there to live for a year and a half... I never knew. That snake is pretty disgusting, and I think that I would have freaked out to see a frog hopping around in my kitchen.
So, where's the Mardi Gras update?
Love you guys!
Post a Comment