Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hair and Tears

What a day! I have been so so tired today, so during Madison's nap, I put a movie on for Kylie and told her that I was going to take a nap on the couch and to wake me up if she needed anything. Then, I set the alarm on my phone for 30 minutes and fell asleep. So what went wrong you ask? For starters, Madison woke up extra early and Kylie decided to go open the door for her so she could get out of her room. Then, I am awakened by a cute little 2 year old saying "Mommy! Hair!" and notice that my 2-year-old now has a pixie haircut. I can't even tell you how upset that makes me. Kylie has been trying to act so grown up lately, so I'm sure she was just trying to be like mommy, but it didn't turn out so well for her. She also ended up taking a pretty big chunk out of her own hair as well. Maddi's hair was just getting long enough to really have fun with, and Kylie's hair is past her shoulder blades now.
Instead of reacting harshly, I put Kylie in the corner and called my good friend and cosmetologist Sariah to come rescue me. Not much could be done about Maddi's hair and it will take months till it looks good again, but Kylie recieved a very cute bob cut. She cried herself to sleep tonight because she wanted long hair like her aunt Lysee. Maybe she'll learn her lesson. GRRRRRRR!!! As for me, I am just spending my night trying to hold back the tears:(

My camera was in the van, so the lens was foggy when I brought it in to take pictures. Excuse the fog.

You can't really tell in this picture how badly butchered the back is, and the hole near her bangs, but it is pretty sad.

9 comments:

Aimee Garber said...

I'm so sorry! :-( Kids! Daniel is giving Kennedy 'sassy juice' (Vinegar) as we speak for mouthing off again. *hugs*

Sharon said...

Oh I want to cry too!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Nooooo! I can't believe it! I am so sorry Laura! How frustrating it must have been to not scream! What is with our kids this week? I hope you have a better day today and just think you are coming to Denver in 2.5 weeks...we will find a way to make it better! :)

Kerrie said...

And your kids' hair doesn't grow very fast does? Normally that would be a good thing (less to cut). But in this case, I'm sure you want it to grow back as soon as possible. Bekki Haase told me that Paige chopped all her hair off the other day. I didn't see it, but she said it was bad.

Monica Bingham said...

It must be something in the air! If you will notice the latest post on my blog I have a haircutting nightmare of my own but at least mine is a little boy and I was intending on cutting his hair. I am so sorry :(. If it makes you feel better I think I still have pictures from when I was little and Luke cut my hair :D. And I lost count of the times my little sisters did stellar hair cuts on themselves and eachother!

Britt's Clan said...

OH!!! Kaden just did that also (granted he is a boy) but I remember trying so hard not to "freak" to bad. You are very strong if you didn't scream. I am impressed!! I am so sorry I feel your pain...

PABST FAMILY said...

If you want I can call as ask to talk to my 4 year grandson Kyle. I guess that would be just to mean but you know I am Grumpy Grandpa. We're sorry to hear the bad news just like everyone else. So we hope it's a little cuter when you come to visit for Time Out for Women. It'll take Geoff and I a little time to get used to all that Estrogen in the house again.

Scottie and Tasha said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry.... somedays are just so frustrating (did this happen on Fri 13???)

You'll have to tell Sariah hi- I haven't seen her since high school... and whats with no high school reunion????

Sorry again for the hair woes :(

Kathy said...

That is so sad! We are having our ultrasound on March 3rd. We are definitely finding out this time if we can. I can't wait to see you!