Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Noodle Cleaning Mermaid
Funny story of the day: We were just sitting down for a gourmet meal of Macaroni and Cheese when Kylie drops her loaded spoon on the table. Instead of eating the noodles, she brushes them on the floor (I think she's too accustomed to eating outdoors). So...I told her that she needed to climb under the table and pick them up because that was innapropriate and we don't do that at our house. She stands up on her chair, puts her hands on her hips and in a very matter of fact voice announces: "MOMMY! I am a mermaid, not a noodle cleaner!" It was very hard to keep a straight face at this point, so I had to turn around to compose myself before answering. In the end though, she did swim under the table to retrieve the noodles. Then combed her hair with her dirty "tanglehopper" (I think she meant a dinglehopper). I love having girls. What an imaginative life!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is too funny. I love the moments where you have to turn around to compose yourself so you can be serious even though you would much rather burst into Laughter. Thanks for sharing!
Okay, did Emily teach her the tanglehopper thing. She's ALWAYS putting her dirty fork, or spoon for that matter.. in her hair. That is too funny. I can totally see her doing that. It's a good thing I wasn't there...I totally would have laughed!
The fun never stops uh?!? Sounds like there is never a dull moment. How is utah? Heop you are doing well. Miss you in this HOT HOT weather.
Don't they have such great imaginations at this age? Kaelyn cracks us up with the stuff she comes up with.
Post a Comment